Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth Deemed-to-be University (DPU) is a category-I institution. It began with the guidance and leadership of Dr. D.Y. Patil and has now been re-accredited by NAAC as a grade ‘A++’ University.
There are 10 different institutions under DPU and each is dedicated to a particular discipline.
DPU has been placed among the top 50 institutions across the country by NIRF.
The online learning platform of DPU is popular among students and working professionals who wish to opt for distance education in a particular field like management.
Highlights of DPU Online Learning
- Orientation for all students
- Interactive learning sessions
- E-Tutorial toolkit
- Self assessment kit for revision
- Industry related case-based learning (CBL)
- Weekly planner for the entire academic session
- Career counseling and guidance
- Digital library
- Discussion forums
About DY Patil Online MBA
Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth (deemed-to-be University)
Year of Establishment
● Marketing Management
● Finance Management
● IT Management
● Project Management
● Operations Management
● Human Resource Management
● Hospital and Healthcare Management
● International Business Management
INR 1,30,000 for Indian civilians in the general category, and $2,700 for international candidates. Consessions are available for candidates belonging to Indian defense, differently-abled or DPU staff, or Alumni categories.
Bachelor’s degree in any subject with a minimum of 50% or 45% (for reserved categories) marks
University Grants Commission (UGC), National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC A++ grade), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Association of Indian Universities (AIU), Association of Commonwealth Universities, World Education Services, ASSOCHAM India, and ISO.
Program Delivery Mode
Learning Management System
DPU COL Online Learning Management System
Admissions are held every year.
During term and end of semester.
Demand Draft, Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking, UPI, NEFT
Formative assessment (40% weightage) and summative assessment (60% weightage)
Campus placement available at top companies
DPU Centre for Online Learning (COL) offers an online MBA program for 2 years.
The program is focused on a curriculum that includes extensive knowledge and industry-relevant skills.
The Centre for Online Learning has several associates, including the Dr. D.Y. Patil Hospital, which recruits students from various fields of specialization.
Through case studies, live lectures, webinars, and readily available online study materials, DPU ensure that every student in the online MBA program receives a holistic education and is able to navigate the industry once they get their degree.
Key Highlights of DY Patil Online MBA
- The online MBA program is recognized by UGC, AICTE.
- The course curriculum has been divided into 4 semesters.
- The total tuition fee can be paid in installments via different payment methods.
- Placements are available every year and students receive guidance and career counseling.
- International Marketing
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Project Finance & Budgetary Control
- Insurance & Risk Management
- Software Project Management
- Emerging Trends in Information Technology
- Quantitative Methods in Project Management
- Project Quality Management
- Work System Design
- Technology Management
- Strategic HR
- HR Audit
Hospital and Healthcare Management:
- Hospital Administration & Bio medical waste Management
- Operations Management in Hospitals
International Business Management:
- Foreign Exchange Management
- Insurance and Risk Management
For all specializations, students will have to take soft skills or business ethics and corporate governance as Generic Elective-II.
Students also have to complete a Project Work Report.
To be eligible for the online MBA at DPU, you will need to have a bachelor’s degree in any subject.
If you are a general candidate, you will need 50% aggregate marks. For reserved categories, 45% aggregate marks is necessary.
To receive admission to the online MBA program at DPU, you will need to go to the admissions portal. You will be redirected to this page from DPU’s official website.
Follow these steps to apply for the online MBA course.
Step 1: Provide personal information for learner verification.
Step 2: Get your phone number and email address verified.
Step 3: Provide necessary details and fill in the admission form.
Step 4: Fill in educational qualifications and employment details (if any).
Step 5: Upload a current photograph and your signature.
Step 6: Pay the admissions fee through any payment method to submit the form.
You will receive confirmation of your admission from Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth Deemed-to-be University after all documents are verified and the fee is received. DPU will send confirmation through email and SMS. You will also receive credentials for student login and the link through which to proceed.
- Any Government ID including AADHAR, passport, driving license, or PAN card
- 10th Marksheet
- 12th Marksheet
- Graduation mark sheet
- Degree certificate or passing certificate
- Recent photograph (upload it to the admissions portal)
- Student’s signature
DY Patil University has a reasonable fee structure.
The following table will give you all the details of DY Patil Online MBA program.
Category of Candidate
Indian Defense or Differently Abled
DPU Staff or Alumni
Scholarships are available for the online MBA program, in the form of concessions on the tuition fee.
Indian Defense category candidates or students with disabilities receive a 5% waiver.
The DPU staff or Alumni are eligible for a 15%waiver. General candidates may avail 3% waiver, if they pay the entire fee in one installment.
Examination and Evaluation Methodology
Examinations are held in two forms: formative assessment and summative assessment.
The formative assessments will be conducted on a continuous basis throughout the semesters.
These assessments will have 40% weightage. The summative assessment will be held at the end of each semester. These will have 60% weightage in your total score.
Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth Deemed-to-be University has numerous associates and recruiters.
After completing the online MBA course at DPU, you can sit for interviews with top companies.
Students are provided guidance on how to sit for interviews and approach recruiters.
The hiring partners at DPU include Dr. D.Y. Patil Hospital, HDFC Bank, Bajaj Capital, Bajaj Finserv, Marketyers Consulting, Capital Aim Advisory Services, Byju’s Learning, Fleet Ocean Maritime Academy, Capgemini, BVG Group, Path Finder, Apollo Munich Health Insurance, American Express, and ITC, among others.
Benefits of Doing Online MBA Degree from DY Patil University
Take a look at the various benefits of studying online MBA from DPU.
- Learn Technical and Soft Skills: The online MBA course at DPU offers in-depth knowledge in various industry-oriented concepts but also helps students develop strategizing, analytical, influential, and leadership skills.
- Lectures by Industry Experts and Academicians: You will get to attend numerous lectures by faculty and industry professionals who have years worth of experience in business administration, and other related fields.
- Recordings Available: All lectures that are a part of the online MBA course at DPU will be recorded. Students can access these recordings to revise various topics.
- Webinars on Relevant Topics: Webinars are organized and frequently hosted by DPU for students in the online MBA course.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is DPU a good institute for an online MBA?
The Centre for Online Learning at DPU offers several courses, including an MBA that is globally recognized. Students receive knowledge in every aspect of business administration and can gain experience through case studies. Therefore, DPU is a reliable institute for an online MBA.
- Are placements available at DPU?
DPU has more than 30 associates. Many recruiters engage with students and the institute provides guidance for the placement procedure.
- Is the online MBA at DPU approved by the UGC?
Dr. Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth deemed-to-be University has been approved by the UGC.
- Do you need to take the CAT for an online MBA from DPU?
You need to have a bachelor’s degree with 50% aggregate (for general candidates) or 45% aggregate (for reserved category candidates). You do not need to take the CAT for the online MBA program at DPU.