Providing education to all since 1985, Indira Gandhi National Open University is upgrading with time.
The University is known worldwide for providing education through distance mode.
In January 2022, the Vice-Chancellor of Indira Gandhi National Open University Prof. Nageshwar Rao launched IGNOU’s Online MBA programs in a bunch of fields catering to all aspects of life. IGNOU has been accredited with ‘A++’ grade by NAAC.
IGNOU Online MBA program is a 2-year course for those individuals who wish to pursue a Master of Business Administration via online mode.
The course is entitled by UGC and approved by AICTE.
Students who are graduates from a recognized UGC/DEB-approved university are eligible for IGNOU’s Online MBA course.
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) was established in 1985 by an Act of Parliament to build an education system that is inclusive of all.
It has been working towards increasing the Gross Enrollment Ratio (GER) by offering quality education through the use of Open and Distance Learning (ODL) methods.
Presently, IGNOU serves over 3 million students in various countries through its 21 schools of studies and 67 regional centers.
With nearly 250 faculty members and 230 academic staff at the headquarters and regional centres, and over 35,000 academic counsellors from traditional institutions of higher learning, professional organisations, and industry, the University offers about 200 certificate, diploma, degree, and doctoral programs.
To focus on specific learner groups and expand the distant learning system, the University developed the National Centre for Disability Studies and the National Centre for Innovation in Distance Education.
The University has ushered in a new age of technology-enabled education in the country with the launch of EduSat (a satellite dedicated solely to education).
An active two-way video-conferencing network link has been supplied to all regional centers and high enrollment Learners Support, allowing interactive digital content to be transacted.
Awards and Recognitions
- NAAC has accredited Indira Gandhi National Open University with ‘A++’ grade
- The Commonwealth of Learning (COL), Canada, has recognized IGNOU as a world leader in distance education and has given the university a prize of distinction
IGNOU Online MBA
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Year of Establishment
Minimum 2 years
Maximum 5 years
Finance and Leadership Management
Business Analytics Management
Data Science and Analytics Management
Financial Market Management
International Finance Management
International Marketing Management
Strategic Finance Management
Investment Banking Equity Research Management
Digital Marketing E-commerce Management
Oil and Gas Management
Marketing and HRM
Marketing and Finance Management
System and Operations Management
International Trade Management
Banking and Finance Management
Supply Chain Management
International Business Management
Human Resource Management
Should be a graduate in any discipline and must have 50% marks for graduation if you are from general category. However, if you belong to the reserved category, then you need to have only 45% marks for graduation.
AICTE, UGC & DEC.
Program Delivery Mode
Learning Management System
IGNOU provides its Online MBA Program classes in the form of live online sessions and pre-recorded classes, study materials for reference are also there.
IGNOU manages the online course materials through IGNOU Learning Management System (LMS).
This is a 2-year program with specializations in fields to choose from as per one’s interest.
The IGNOU online MBA program will help one to upskill their existing theoretical and practical knowledge, improve personality, and prepare one to be industry-ready.
IGNOU Online MBA program is provided by IGNOU’s School of Management Studies (SOMS) and similar to other IGNOU MBA programs, the online MBA program is also approved by AICTE.
The entire IGNOU Distance MBA program contains 28 subjects (known as courses) in total. Students are provided with multiple digital self-learning options in the form of Self Study Materials, E-lectures, IGNOU E-Content, etc from the university.
Benefits Of IGNOU
- IGNOU is recognized and approved by AICTE, UGC & DEC.
- IGNOU is known for its global tie-ups
- IGNOU MBA is helpful for getting Private and Government Jobs
- Time Flexible Study hours from IGNOU
- Promotes flexible learning via Learning Management System
- IGNOU offers various specialization programs to its students in their MBA program:
- Finance and Leadership Management
- Business Analytics Management
- Power Management
- Data Science and Analytics Management
- Financial Market Management
- International Finance Management
- International Marketing Management
- Strategic Finance Management
- Investment Banking Equity Research Management
- Digital Marketing E-commerce Management
- Hospital Administration
- Oil and Gas Management
- Aviation Management
- Marketing and HRM
- Marketing and Finance Management
- System and Operations Management
- General Management
- International Trade Management
- Fintech Management
- Rural Management
- Project Management
- Business Management
- Retail Management
- Hospitality Management
- Banking and Finance Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Information Technology
- International Business Management
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Finance Management
Here are few more things that students needs to know
- Each IGNOU MBA student is allowed to choose 7 courses from a specialised field, such as Human Resource Management, Financial Management, Operations Management, Marketing Management or Services Management.
- To obtain an IGNOU MBA degree with a specialization, one must complete 7 specialization courses from his/her chosen specialization area (along with 20 core courses and a project).
- The specialization courses are chosen in the third and fourth semesters of the program (four in third semester and three in the final semester).
- The project course is equivalent to 2 courses
The completion of different combinations of the subjects in the syllabus enables a student to be eligible to be awarded MBA or other Diploma Courses.
IGNOU follows a modular approach to its program offerings, which means that if a student enrolls in MBA but is unable to complete all of the courses for some reason, he or she will be given an exit point. S/he will be given a Post Graduate Diploma in that particular specialty if s/he completes five (5) courses in that specialization together with one (1) compulsory basic course.
- Any graduate (Including Chartered Accountancy/Cost Accountancy/Company Secretaryship) with 50% marks for general category/45% for reserved category as per government of India rules.
- Student should ensure that his/her CGPA should meet the eligibility percentage requirement.
Eligibility for Foreign Students:
- Student must have a valid student Visa for the duration of the course.
- Must have a clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs/ Human Resource Development Ministry. This procedure will be carried out by the International Division of IGNOU.
The total fee for IGNOU Online MBA is Rs. 58000/-. Students can pay the fee in Installments. IGNOU Online MBA semester fee is Rs.14000. More details about IGNOU MBA fee is mentioned below.
16,000(because of project course MMPP-001)
- Firstly, verify the eligibility criterion required for admission
- Register by filling up the online form with all the information
- Upload all necessary documents
- Pay the fees
- Post submission of the application form, the admission status will show “approved” or “confirmed” status if the application is accepted
- Candidate will receive an email/SMS if the application has been approved
- Applicant’s recent passport size photo in colour
- Age Proof or birth proof of an applicant
- Educational/Academic Qualification certificate
- Category, Experience, and BPL certificate (If applicable)
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Do students for the Online MBA program at IGNOU need to go through an Entrance examination?
Answer: For the online mode of the MBA program, a student needs to clear the graduation degree and there are no entrance examinations for the online MBA.
Question: Are the live sessions available for the students?
Answer: The lectures are through the google meet and students for assistance are required to download the e-learning material available for online mode studies.
Question: Do students need to submit a work experience certificate?
Answer: No, it is not compulsory to have a work experience certificate to join the IGNOU online MBA program.
Question: Is IGNOU Online MBA program recognized?
Answer: Yes, the IGNOU online MBA program is recognized All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE).